You are here: Installation Guide > Handling Precautions and Camera Care
Handling Precautions and Camera Care
Your FLIR machine vision camera is a precisely manufactured device and should be handled with care. Here are some tips on how to care for the device.
- Avoid electrostatic charging.
- When handling the camera unit, avoid touching the lenses. Fingerprints will affect the quality of the image produced by the device.
- To clean the lenses, use a standard camera lens cleaning kit or a clean dry cotton cloth. Do not apply excessive force.
- Extended exposure to bright sunlight, rain, dusty environments, etc. may cause problems with the electronics and the optics of the system.
- Avoid excessive shaking, dropping or any kind of mishandling of the device.
|Cleaning the imaging surface of your camera|
© 2015-2019 FLIR® Integrated Imaging Solutions Inc.
All rights reserved.
Legal | Contact Support