Case Temperature and Heat Dissipation
You must provide sufficient heat dissipation to control the internal operating temperature of the camera.
The camera is equipped with an on-board temperature sensor.
- It allows you to obtain the temperature of the camera FPGA junction temperature. The temperature must be kept under 100°C. Some models may not require heat sinking depending on the mode of operation.
|As a result of packing the camera electronics into a small space, the camera can become hot to the touch when running.
To reduce heat, use a cooling fan to set up a positive air flow around the camera, taking into consideration the following precautions:
- Mount the camera on a heat sink, such as a camera mounting bracket, made out of a heat-conductive material like aluminum.
When designing a heat sink for a board-level model, respect the Keepout Layer.
- Make sure the flow of heat from the camera to the bracket is not blocked by a non-conductive material like plastic.
- Make sure the camera has enough open space around it to facilitate the free flow of air.
Device temperature can be monitored in SpinView as follows:
- Select Device_Temperature_Selector Enum Node
- Set Device_Temperature_Selector Enum Node Value to Mainboard
- Read Device_Temperature Node
© 2015-2020 FLIR® Integrated Imaging Solutions Inc.
All rights reserved.
Legal | Contact Support