You are here: Installation Guide > Blackfly S Installation BFS-U3-88S6
Blackfly S Installation
Preparing for Installation
What system configuration is recommended?
|CPU||RAM||Ports||Software to run and
compile example code
|Recommended System Configuration||Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (32- or 64-bit)||Intel i5||4 GB||Intel USB3 host controller||Microsoft Visual Studio 2010,
Visual Studio 2013, or
Visual Studio 2015
Do you have all the parts you need?
To install your camera you will need the following components:
For USB3 cameras—USB 3.0 cable (see Interface Cables)
- 6-pin GPIO cable
(see General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO))
- Model dependent—C-mount Lens
(see Lens Mounting )
- Tripod adapter (optional)
(see Mounting with the Case or Mounting Bracket)
- Interface card
(see Interface Card)
FLIR sells a number of the additional parts required for installation. To purchase, visit the Accessories page.
Do you have a downloads account?
The downloads page has many resources to help you operate your camera effectively, including:
- Spinnaker® SDK software, including drivers (required for installation)
- Firmware updates and release notes
- Dimensional drawings and CAD models
To access the software and firmware downloads you must have a downloads account.
- Go to our website: www.ptgrey.com.
- In the upper right corner, click Register.
- Complete the form, then click Register.
After you submit your registration, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your account.
© 2015-2018 FLIR® Integrated Imaging Solutions Inc.
All rights reserved.
Legal | Contact Support