You are here: Installation Guide > Firefly Installation FFY-U3-16S2-DL
Preparing for Installation
What system configuration is recommended?
|CPU||RAM||Ports||Software to run and
compile example code
|Recommended System Configuration||Windows or Linux (32- or 64-bit)||
||Microsoft Visual Studio 2010,
Visual Studio 2013, or
Visual Studio 2015
Do you have all the parts you need?
To install your camera you need the following components:
For USB3 cameras—USB3 cable (see Interface Cables)
- GPIO cable
(see General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO))
(see Lens Mounting )(type of lens mount is model dependent)
- Tripod adapter (optional)
(see Mounting Your Firefly)
- Interface card
(see Interface Card)
FLIR sells a number of the additional parts required for installation. To purchase, visit the Accessories page.
Have you visited the FLIR website?
The FLIR machine vision products page has many resources to help you operate your camera effectively, including:
- Spinnaker® SDK software, including drivers (required for installation)
- Firmware updates and release notes
- Dimensional drawings and CAD models
To access these resources:
- Go to FLIR machine vision.
- Click on your product family.
- Click on Go to Support Page.
- Overview tab - links to software, knowledge base articles, and application notes.
- Resources tab - links to camera references, technical references, getting started manuals, imaging performance results, drawings, PCNs, firmware, and software.
© 2015-2021 FLIR® Integrated Imaging Solutions Inc.
All rights reserved.
Legal | Contact Support