Preparing for Installation
What system configuration is recommended?
|CPU||RAM||Ports||Software to run and
compile example code
|Recommended System Configuration||Windows or Linux (32- or 64-bit)||
||Microsoft Visual Studio 2010,
Visual Studio 2013, or
Visual Studio 2015
Note: Refer to Recommended USB 3.1 System Components for information on building a USB3 system.
Do you have all the parts you need?
To install your camera you need the following components:
For USB3 cameras—USB3 cable (see Interface Cables)
- GPIO cable
(see General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO))
(see Lens Mounting )(type of lens mount is model dependent)
- Tripod adapter (optional)
(see Mounting Your Firefly)
- Interface card
(see Interface Card)
Teledyne FLIR sells a number of the additional parts required for installation. To purchase, visit the Accessories page.
Have you visited the Teledyne FLIR website?
A downloads account is required to download software and firmware.
- Go to www.flir.com/account.
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Complete the Create an account form and click Continue.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your account.
- Once activated, you can login using the credentials you've created.
The Firefly resources page has many resources to help you operate your camera effectively, including:
- Spinnaker® SDK software, including drivers (login required)
- Firmware updates and release notes (login required)
- Dimensional drawings and CAD models